June 27, 2012

Rome: Hottest City I've visited in Europe

When we were planning for our trip to Europe last year, we were completely aware that its the summer season. For a sun chaser like me, this added to my excitement. Yey! I thought that it will be kinda similar to the summer I used to have in the Philippines. I packed my summer clothes - colorful and light, lots of sun block and my favorite sunnies. What we were not prepared of was the kind of heat we were about to experience.




It was excruciatingly HOT in Rome! While in Spain (our first Europe destination), we were not bothered so much of the heat because the experience of being finally in Europe was still sinking in. But when we traveled to Italy and set foot in Rome, I almost died in dehydration and heat stroke. Seriously!












Although our photos says otherwise :) I can't remember how many times I dragged my feet to the nearest shade I could find. The worst part was, our first day was spent in The Colosseum and The Forum on a 41 degrees temperature. For awhile that day, I hated Roman architecture and history, mostly because the place was surrounded by stones or rocks or bricks or whatever they call it. It was really HOT!









I was glad I had my youngest sister with me, who did not lose her enthusiasm of the place inspite of the weather. I was almost in tears being away from the husband who would have pampered me during that short time of distress. But my sister was amazing in her own way, she kept on cheering me up, took lots of photos and read all the history facts of the place.





While the weather was not so welcoming, the experience we had on our first day in this beautiful and romantic city was mostly awesome.



No comments:

ShareThis