February 14, 2013

Joyeuse Saint-Valentin, mon amour!

The husband and I don't normally celebrate Valentines in a grand way. We just make sure we get to spend the day together, whether at home cleaning, watching movies or dine out. If we decide to eat out,  usually not anything fancy. He doesn't even give me a bouquet or chocolates or any gift. The day is just one of our usual days :)

However, I've always wanted to travel somewhere on valentines day since this day is considered as the most romantic day of the year, where everyone is extra cheesy and sweet. I've always wondered how it is celebrated in other places and how people treat each other. In my hometown and in Singapore,  everything in town is painted red and flowers are everywhere, not to mention restaurants take advantage of the occasion and bring out their special valentines menu that comes with a pricey tag.

Today, we are celebrating the day miles apart...for the first time in our married life :( Though it doesn't really bother us, but my pregnancy hormones are making me emotional. Shooo! 

To console myself, I pictured us in Paris, France with the Eiffel tower as our background. The first time I was there was without the husband. We have made plans of visiting the city last year but the universe made another plan for us. So while we wait for that day to happen, let me dream away with this photo I took during my trip last August 2011.



I still wish it was us in that frame :) Someday...


So what's your plan for your loved ones today? 



No comments:

ShareThis