February 11, 2013

It's more FUN in the Philippines!

I have been working overseas for the past 6 years now. I usually go on vacation to my hometown, Cebu, twice or three times a year. However, these trips back home are usually short and quick. The longest I've stayed for vacation was 3 weeks and that was during our wedding in 2009.

I have always hoped I could have a longer vacation in the Philippines so I can visit the islands and beaches I love. If I had the time, we always do quick trips to nearby beaches and resorts for day use. And when I say nearby, its just within Cebu province.

My country is very rich in natural resources and known for its beautiful beaches and islands. We have a lot to offer and its shame that most of us locals have not been to most of these paradise. I have traveled to quite a few beaches in Southeast Asia but realized I have seen very less of my country. I envy my friends who have seen a lot of these places. But happy nonetheless that Filipinos are truly appreciating the beauty of what the Philippines has to offer to the world.

Now that I am in Cebu, I hope I could at least make a trip to some of my dream islands. I know I am here for delivery and can only travel once my little bun is older, but what the heck! I think it wouldn't hurt to get out of the house and spend a day or two under the sun. So while I dream away and wait for things to fall into place, let me share to you the beautiful islands and resorts I want to check out soon.

#1 Club Paradise, Coron Palawan - http://www.clubparadisepalawan.com/index.html


(image from google)

I haven't been to Coron, Palawan ever and this resort has been top of my list since last year. Although I don't mind staying in a less expensive resort but if we have the moolah, why not go all out?! Hehehe

#2 Amorita Resort, Panglao Bohol - http://www.amoritaresort.com/



(image from google)  

Unlike Coron, Panglao is not new to me. I have been to the island quite a few times since Bohol is just 45 minutes away from Cebu by ferry. But this new boutique resort is such a sight and I could not allow myself not to include it in my list. I have read raves about this place and its making me more excited.

#3 Tao Philippines Expedition, Palawan - http://www.taophilippines.com/


(image from Tao's facebook page)

I know this is not a resort but this group values the beauty of Palawan so much that they organized an expedition which connects El Nido and Coron. The trip is not a tour between these islands but sort of immersion to the place with the locals helping out and explorers will experience the local life. Check out more information in their website. 


#4 Fridays, Boracay Island - http://fridaysboracay.com/


(image from google)

The second time I was in Boracay was to celebrate our honeymoon. We really didn't have the time to explore the island due to our tight schedule. That is why the husband and I promised we will go back and explore the island big time and we will stay in this resort, which I fell in love the first time I saw it.


I can't wait to visit these beautiful places. Indeed, my country has a lot to offer in terms of tourism. It's more Fun in the Philippines!



No comments:

ShareThis