October 17, 2011

Beach bumming in Bali, Indonesia

Long overdue post ahead... :D

I can't believe I forgot to write more about our Bali trip last year :D I've written about our first day but didn't bother to write about the rest of our trip. And it took me almost a year to remember to finally share our awesome experience in the island :D Pasensya tao lang! hihi



Bali is known for its long stretch of white sand beaches, surfing, scuba diving and recently became more famous because of the movie Eat, Pray, Love =) . This place has been one of my must-see places to visit and I was not disappointed during our entire trip last November 2010.


Since, we traveled during the off peak season, the usually crowded Kuta beach is fortunately quite.





Our major agenda on this trip was to just BEACH BUM and maybe try out surfing if we don't chicken out. Apparently, my friend Chris was already itching to try it and after watching her learn the tricks, I was convinced to try it out myself...even if I DO NOT know how to swim :)) Confidence and courage were my weapons :))) Luckily though, I survived and did a few stands while riding the waves. Awesome experience! Unfortunately, my actual surfing photos are not yet available for the viewing public, so enjoy the following for now :D










The following day we went on an adventure to search for Padang-padang beach which we thought some scenes of the movie Eat, Pray, Love was shoot. I forgot where we got the information but we tried searching anyway. We hired a van for the whole day to bring us to the beach and to some other tourist locations after. The search for the beach was quite exhilarating because even the driver didn't know where the place was and we were also useless in giving him exact directions because we barely had any info about the place except that its beautiful and we should check it out by hook or by crook :))

We were a bunch who doesn't give up easily. So after getting lost and braving long winding roads, we finally found the beach! The place was somewhere hidden under a cave-ish deserted location where we had to go down scary steps between rocky walls.


When we finally reached the white sand beach, our tired feet did a happy dance. We found a paradise in Padang-padang beach! It was all worth it!

Can you see the long stretch of white sand beach down there? =)



We didn't waste time lazing around and immediately did what we plan to do :D









Can you tell how much we enjoyed beach bumming in Bali? The entire adventure was super fun and unforgettable. Inspite menstrual cramps, I managed to do a few jump shots and attempted shoulder stands :D I will definitely go back to Bali in a heart beat and learn more surfing and perhaps scuba diving too :)

Photos taken by my Golden half and UWS + Solaris 400 film.

No comments:

ShareThis