July 16, 2011

The cable car experience in Hong Kong!

Our last day in Hong Kong was spent in Lantau Island to see the Po Lin Monastery and Great Buddha.

There used to be only two ways to get to the island from Hong Kong mainland - a bus service and a one hour mountain trail. Good thing they decided to construct the use of the cable cars, it made the journey short and easy - just 25 minutes to reach the island.



This is our second cable car ride as a family. First was in Genting Highlands. I thought, this time I will have an easier time coping up with my fear of heights because the whole family is with me but sadly, to no avail. Every cable car ride feels the same way to me...SCARY! The reminder to keep my smile didn't work for me :P 25 minutes felt like 1 hour! I should have taken the mountain trail, I think I will have a better photo than this :P



And this by far is the highest and longest cable car ride in Southeast Asia. How did I survived?





Well, these photos will tell you how =)




Notice how lady-like my smile is? That's the i-want-to-get-outta-here smile :P






They distracted me by taking photos and having fun inside the cable car  :D However, we made sure that we don't move that much so not to cause some swinging movement of the car.  Because while up high, we suddenly heard the strong sound of the wind through sides of the door. My father was sitting still and checking the durability of the glasses (as if! haha). He too looked scared but pretended calm :P

It sure did help that I was with a bunch of equally crazy people. Even my little brother was teasing and laughing at me. But if you ask me if I want to do it again, why not!? Although I would prefer to do it again with these same people.

This ride is not for the faint-hearted. You've got to enjoy heights and slow rides to appreciate this experience. But I'd still recommend this as part of your family trip itinerary when you visit Hong Kong. The view up there is just amazing. Promise :)

No comments:

ShareThis