June 17, 2011

Helpful Links to Solve your Food and Beach crave.

The husband and I were supposed to go to the beach this weekend for my first ever scuba dive but unfortunately, I am sick til now. I have yet to recover and recharge my body from all the exhaustion last weekend in Cebu. Anyhoo, I am hoping to feel well in the next couple of days and finally hop on the bus and ferry to an island next weekend =D

So I have been searching for islands/resorts near Singapore. I have been to Rawa Malaysia and I must say, the beaches there are awesome. Since then, I have been craving for more of Malaysia's islands and beaches. We've been planning for a trip to Tioman and again Rawa for the longest time but it's always cancelled for reasons I forgot :P Here are the beaches and resorts that we plan to visit very very soon.

1. Swiss Cottage in Tekek, Tioman Island. Of all the resorts in this island, this is the only place where I want to stay. I've read a lot of good reviews about this little resort. They are cozy and peaceful with friendly staffs. The only downside is they don't really encourage an overnight booking but if you do so, you have to wait like 2-3 days before your planned trip for confirmation of room availability. If you don't like the hassle, better book for a least two nights accommodation.

2. Alang's Rawa in Rawa Island. Because we were too impressed of Rawa Safari resort (another resort in Rawa island), we want to visit the island again but stay in a cheaper resort. Yes, there are only two resorts in this beautiful island - one expensive and one affordable :D And since, their rates are easy on the pockets, you have to make your booking like 3-4 months in advance to reserve your rooms. The bigger the group, the cheaper the package. Very good for a trip with friends and family.

When I celebrated my actual birthday last Saturday, no one bothered to buy me a cake :P I was fervently hoping I will blow some candles and devour on a chocolate cake but sadly there was none. So my craving for sweets and  chocolatey cake went on.

While searching where to buy that chocolate cake, I found these links of food bloggers based in Singapore. How timely! They provided honest reviews of each patissiere.

1. Lady Iron Chef. Apparently, this blog is written by Brad Lau. Yes, he is male :)

2. Indulgence after Workout. I love how motivating the blog title is ;)

And I can't wait to go to Laurent Bernard's chocolate factory. I prefer to visit their shop in Portsdown road.

When is your next food and beach trip? Where do you plan to go?

No comments:

ShareThis