May 30, 2011

Travel Jitters for a First Timer!

I've been acting really weird recently and trying to shake my head nonstop. Am I really going there for real? Did my boss seriously approved my 3 weeks leave? I still can't believe it and I'm still trying to convince myself that, Yes I am going to EUROPE! 

HELLO, UNIVERSE! THANK YOU! :D

I remember writing this two years back - JOIN THE WORLD YOUTH DAY IN MADRID, SPAIN. And it was one of my conditions with the husband before we tied the knot :D Thankfully, he said Yes, even without a job yet in Singapore plus thousand bills to pay for our wedding. I don't know if he said that out of love or just to keep my mouth shut from blabbing :)) Whichever way, I am very much grateful that he took his promise by heart and made sure that we will join the event.

Fast forward...its 78 days more to go before the World Event! Whoa, time indeed flies so fast! And what have I been doing lately? Hmmm...Nada! Just staring at various websites without an inch of idea what to do first. Ha! Sounds disappointing for an excited first timer :(

So why am I sharing it to the world just now? (as if, someone is itching to know my whereabouts haha :P) Well, plainly because initially I am not comfortable to share it to anyone :P But I battled against my dear self and asked her, why not??? And she gave me really panic-inducing answers such as...

Uhhmmm, because I'm scared? 
because, I don't want other people to know that I'm scared to ride the plane in a 13hrs or more flight.
because, for most part of my trip, I will be travelling alone - yes, without my husband!
because, I don't know Europe's history and I have a hard time reading maps :(
because, I only know few words in Spanish like "por pabor", "mi amor"... doesn't even make sense.
because, I haven't booked my domestic transportation tickets and accommodation.
because, I haven't applied for my VISA. 

Yes, I am having my worst wanderlust experience...travel jitters! This is even worst than our Caramoan Island travel adventure. :D I don't know how else to describe this feeling. I've felt it for the first time in my entire travelling career :D And I don't know how to even overcome it. I've started plotting out my itinerary, which I always do before each trip. I even started tweeting my online friends in Spain to help me out. Worst, I've started entertaining thoughts of cancelling my plans of travelling to Italy and France. Oh myyyy! Somebody, please slap me. I need to get things started right. Help!

Has anyone of you experienced the same thing for their first long flight to a new place? I would love to hear from you guys. Share your experience and help me! :)))

1 comment:

Josephine Sicad-Minerva said...

Are you talking to me? hahahaah
my first ever long flight obviously was in 2001 going to L.A. and yes it sure is normal to feel all those jitters...im pretty sure when you get there, time will be fleeting fast you'll never notice it coz will be hell of a sensory overloaded trip hehehe u just need to do lil homework at least and definitely leave room for adventure...yes, like getting lost! woohooo! im sure you're far more better than i am on that department..LOL

You're just months away now to living your Europe dreams! Hoorayyy to you! =)

p.s. when you read this, remind me to please slap you later! hahahaah

ShareThis