April 13, 2010

Family's trip to three Asian cities

It's almost Friday! - the day my family's flying to Singapore for their one week vacation. I am excited for them, especially for the father, who will be traveling overseas first time after his work in Saudi. I can't wait!

Since the mother insisted on visiting Kuala Lumpur, I have no choice but to include it in our itinerary and make sure everyday is a day well-spent, both in time and money :D I found a very affordable guesthouse which offers a decent accommodation good enough for an overnight stay. The place is called Anjung KL guesthouse, which is situated in the city and near famous tourist spots. Good thing, they still have available rooms for us inspite of my quite late inquiry. Yahoo!

Honestly, I don't find KL that exciting compared to other Asian cities. Maybe because it's just a cartwheel away from Singapore. But I guess, anyone not staying near the place will be as excited as my mother. I don't want their KL trip to be an all-city tour because I'm sure the brother and father will complain, so for these two hypers, I am booking us an all-day ride in Genting Highland theme park. This is to avoid too much shopping but still enjoy our trip :D

Their next stop is Batam, Indonesia. Yeah, I know, nothing much to see there. But what to do when you have a ninong who works there and offers to pay the whole trip? As the saying goes, "it's an insult to reject an offer". So still, it's part of their hectic schedule. I can only imagine how my father will complain :)

Of course, how can I forget to tour them around Singapore? This is the most exciting part of all because I will be with them for their remaining two days. Their tour will only include Universal Studios, Sentosa and the city. I wish i could bring them to the Singapore zoo or Night safari. I hope we still have the time.

Nevertheless, I am excited as ever!

No comments:

ShareThis